CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At approximately 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 25, an elderly woman in the 1200 block of North Washington Avenue reported she was scammed out of $1,600 after she sent money to an individual claiming to fix her computer over the telephone.
• Miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a parked vehicle in the 400 block of West Pear Street just after 12:10 p.m. on Nov. 26.
• A vehicle prowl was reported in the 1200 block of Lum Road just after 11 a.m. on Nov. 27.
• A vehicle prowl was reported in the 1300 block of Johnson Road just after 12:40 p.m. on Nov. 27.
• A case of shoplifting was reported at a business in the 1300 block of Lum Road at 5:15 p.m. on Nov. 26.
• A case of shoplifting was reported in the 100 block of West High Street at 1:05 p.m. on Nov. 27. The victim told officers the same suspect had stolen from the business in the recent past. The case is under investigation.
• Doughnuts were reported stolen from a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 2:20 p.m. on Nov. 27. The suspects have been identified and the case is under investigation.
Stolen Credit Card
• Just after 11:10 a.m. on Nov. 27, a caller in the 1800 block of North Pearl Street reported someone made fraudulent purchases at a Chehalis business using the victim’s credit card. The case is under investigation.
• A Rochester man was arrested in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue just before 10:45 p.m. on Nov. 25 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for felony fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, after he allegedly bit his girlfriend in the face when she refused to kiss him.
• Possible fourth-degree assault charges were referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court following an incident in Centralia just after 7:10 p.m. on Nov. 26. No additional information on the incident was released by the Centralia Police Department.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 200 block of West Oakview Avenue at 5:10 a.m. on Nov. 26 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for felony harassment after he allegedly loaded and displayed a pistol “in an aggressive posture” towards people.
• Minor injuries were reported from a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Floral and South Gold streets just before 4 p.m. on Nov. 26. The collision occurred when an eastbound vehicle on Floral Street failed to yield right of way to a southbound vehicle on South Gold Street. Aid crews treated the injured parties at the scene and no one was transported to the hospital.
• A pedestrian sustained minor injuries from a vehicle versus pedestrian accident reported at the intersection of Johnson Road and Earl Street at 5:45 p.m. on Nov. 27.
• A disorderly subject who refused to leave a business in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue was trespassed from the property at 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 26.
• A Centralia man was cited for disorderly conduct after he allegedly “made sexually explicit motions while in the roadway” in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue just before 9:10 a.m. on Nov. 27, disrupting the flow of traffic.
• At 11:15 a.m. on Nov. 27, a caller reported their vehicle was keyed and damaged in the 2800 block of Russell Road. The case is under investigation.
• A stolen vehicle was located in the 100 block of West High Street just after 7:15 p.m. on Nov. 27 and was returned to its owner.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A case of possible fourth-degree assault was reported in the 800 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 23.
• A physical dispute was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just before 11:55 a.m. on Nov. 23. No arrests were made.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just after 2:10 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• A possible physical dispute was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just before 6:35 a.m. on Nov. 25. No arrests were made.
• A possible physical dispute was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just before 11:25 a.m. on Nov. 26. No arrests were made.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 10:25 a.m. on Nov. 27.
• Just before 12:45 p.m. on Nov. 23, a caller reported her daughter and daughter’s friends possibly broke her TV in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street.
• A subject was arrested in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just after 11:25 a.m. on Nov. 26 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree malicious mischief after he allegedly beat up a pickup truck with a cane. The reporting party advised that the pickup truck was parked in a handicap spot, but said “the person that got out wasn’t handicapped.” The subject and the vehicle’s owner got into a verbal dispute while the reporting party was on the phone with dispatch.
• Sporting goods were reportedly shoplifted by a subject with a gray sweater and one white shoe, with no shoe on the other foot, in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 5:25 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• A subject was cited for shoplifting in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:10 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• A subject was arrested in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:40 a.m. on Nov. 25 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly shoplifting.
• A vehicle theft reported in the 2000 block of Jackson Highway just before 12:15 p.m. on Nov. 27 is under investigation.
• Just after 1 p.m. on Nov. 27, a vehicle theft that occurred in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard overnight was reported.
Locker Room Theft
• Personal belongings were reported stolen from a locker room in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• An attempted burglary to a shop in the 2100 block of North National Avenue was reported just after 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 27.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle “fender-bender” was reported in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just before 2:30 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• A 2-year-old was checked by medical personnel following a two-vehicle accident in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at 7:45 p.m. on Nov. 23.
• A hit-and-run reported in the 100 block of Northeast Terrace Road at 8:10 a.m. on Nov. 24 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported at the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and Northwest CHamber of Commerce Way at 12:45 p.m. on Nov. 25.
‘Drugs and Sexual Acts’ at Library
• At 6:45 p.m. on Nov. 23, a caller reported subjects were “doing drugs and sexual acts” at the Chehalis Timberland Library. When an officer asked for clarifying information, the caller began “screaming” at the officer, asked for the officer’s supervisor, hung up, called back and then made threats to “cut” the officer’s partner “with a sword.” The call disconnected, but the caller reportedly called 911 and “was upset over something (but) wouldn’t say why,” then hung up.
• A “juvenile problem” reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just before 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 23 is under investigation.
• Cassandra J. Bartley, 22, of Toledo, was arrested in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at 4:20 a.m. on Nov. 24 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence and resisting arrest.
• Just after 3:15 p.m. on Nov. 24, a caller at the intersection of Southwest John Street and Southwest Pacific Avenue called asking to talk to an officer and someone with Lewis County Animal Control because “no one cares to go after the lady on the corner that stole her cat.”
• At approximately 7:05 p.m. on Nov. 27, a caller in the 1500 block of Rice Road asked officers to keep an eye out for her German shepherd who had run off. About five minutes later, the caller informed officers that the dog came back.
Trespassed From Property
• A subject was arrested in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just after 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 25 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail following a trespassing complaint.
• Two customers who refused to leave a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue were trespassed from the property at approximately 1:15 p.m. on Nov. 26.
• A subject with a “sword in his backpack” who was reportedly knocking on doors to a motel in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue he wasn’t staying at was trespassed from the property just before 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 27.
• Marah J. Valentine, 37, of Rochester, was arrested in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 1:25 p.m. on Nov. 27 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for felony harassment and for carrying a dangerous weapon after she allegedly flashed a gun at the person and threatened to shoot them after almost hitting them with her car. No injuries were reported.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 156 inmates, including 144 in the general population and 12 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 108 were reported male and 36 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 10 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.
Other items that may interest you
321 N. Pearl St.
Centralia, WA 98531